Celebrated as one of the most diverse and livable cities in America, Sacramento is bursting with some of the best food, art, and history a city has to offer.
Sacramento offers plenty to see and do!
- Love the arts? Residents of the Sacramento area enjoy catching live concerts, visiting one of many museums, attending a variety of theaters, checking out our 800+ murals, or any number of other activities.
- Foodie at heart? Sacramento is America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital! There are more restaurants with high Zagat ratings in Sacramento than anywhere else in Northern California. Fine dinning can be found scattered among the many favorite pizza and burger joints.
- Want to shop ’til you drop? A shoppers dream! Besides the many small boutiques and large mall, Old Sacramento Waterfront is a National Historic Landmark full of shopping and small eateries.
- Night owl? Between the nightclubs, breweries, small music venues, and Broadway shows, residents can enjoy night-life they way they want to.
- Love to Travel? Weekend trips to Tahoe, Wine Country, and San Fransisco are all under 2 hours away. The Sacramento International Airport will happily bring you to any destination you may be craving.
- Love the outdoors? Only 3 hours from Yosemite National Park and 2 hours from Lake Tahoe, adventurous residents are offered some of the best hiking and scenic views the country has to offer. Don’t feel like driving too far? With 250 days of sunlight, Sacramento offers river rafting, bike paths, and many parks for you to enjoy nearby. Read more about things local offerings here.